Friday, March 9, 2012

Highlights.

Sorry followers, it's been a crazy few weeks and I haven't had the time to be able to blog! Honestly, I really don't right now, either, but I figured I needed to update you all somehow anyways. So it's picture time! Get ready to see what I see it to the best of your ability.

We went shopping at a souvenir market where I tried on
this funny hat!
Perhaps I'll go back and buy it..

Maslinitsa! The Russian version of
Groundhog's Day.
We ate blini, danced, and burned a witch.

Watched a hockey game.
I expected to see major blood
and was disappointed in one bloody nose.
No fights :(

I started teaching at a new club, I mean school.
Complete with mini-bar filled with juice and Vogue magazines.
I went to the Russian ballet!!
Loved this performance of Cinderella.

I brought my balloon on the metro.
It popped, I scared the devil out of the Russians.
It was on election day.. a day that was super tense and we were told
to blend in.
Woops.


Finally, I ate McDonald's!
Basically the same as it is in America.

I received a beautiful gift from Dasha on Women's Day.
Beautiful fragrant flowers and $100 perfume like it's not a big deal.

Trippy dance I saw at the children's folk dance concert.

Went ice skating at Gorky Park.

All of us girls went ice skating.
You should be proud, none of us fell!
Or died.

I saw the Russian Circus!!!!
Best. Thing. Of. My. LIFE.

Moscow Great Circus.
It was great.

What the monkey?!
He hissed at people and creeped me out.
But he's still pretty dang cute bundled up like that.

I've been feeling ambitious, reading like a fiend.
Les Miserables! A little more than 1/4 of the way through it.

Any questions? Ask away, I'll try to answer them in my next post. This weekend we're going to some pretty amazing towns, I'll let you know allll about it!

Happy Women's Day!

Восемь марта!

No comments:

Post a Comment